AIMS What’s Changing: Managing Employee Schedules
Upon the implementation of AIMS, Managers, designates and schedulers will manage staff schedules through the online system.
NOTE: These features will be in place once the Administrative Information Management System (AIMS) has been implemented.
Currently, scheduling is done partially on paper, some through ESP, VIP or Gateway Online with Excel, email and Work Record-As (WRAs) thrown into the mix. It’s a highly complex system with opportunity for error at various steps along the way.
Central Scheduling, or HR Staff Scheduling as it’s now known, manages dates, start times, end times and all assignment changes between units. It’s an incredible amount of detail to be handled with a combination of paper, online and manual processes.
Upon the implementation of AIMS, Managers, designates and schedulers will manage staff schedules through the online system. The advantages include:
- Schedules will be available online 24/7 for both in-scope and out-of-scope employees
- Staff are immediately notified of their schedule changes according to their preference for notification including:
- Automated phone call
- Significant time advantages are gained when managers/designates/schedulers no longer have to manually call staff with schedule changes, as the system provides these notifications
- The many Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) rules, are accounted for in the system
- Information is centrally located in a standard format
- Historical scheduling information is readily available and easily accessible
- Shift changes are updated in real time
All Managers will have the advantage of these features even if they aren’t on HR Staff scheduling.
This is just one of the ways that AIMS will make staff scheduling easier. We look forward to providing further information on the AIMS implementation in the near future, so log in today to MyConnection to ensure you have access and check your information in Gateway Online. Watch for further upcoming articles on scheduling and what AIMS has to offer.